The ‘Law in the Aberdeen Council Registers’ project is benefiting from the generous support of the following people and organisations:
- Our advisory board for their expertise and guidance: Professor Steve Boardman (University of Edinburgh), Professor Elizabeth Ewan (University of Guelph), and Professor Christine Reinle (Justus Liebig University Giessen).
- The Research Institute of Irish and Scottish Studies, and particularly Professor Michael Brown, for providing us with a comfortable home within the University of Aberdeen.
- Our partners at the Aberdeen City and Aberdeenshire Archives for providing unrestricted access to the original registers and their digital counterparts.
- The Leverhulme Trust for generously funding our project.
- The Aberdeen City Council for additional funding in support of the project.
The project team would also like to thank Vicky Gray Armstrong for making available her photos of the Aberdeen Council Registers for use on this website and for designing the project logos.
The extract images of the registers appear courtesy of Aberdeen City and Aberdeenshire Archives and the National Records of Scotland.